Friday, September 2, 2011

Week 11

What a long week!! Had to work Monday - Friday this week!! Hate when they make us work full weeks!! ;)))) But we did get off at noon today for the holiday weekend!!  A half a day with my boy!! :))))) So last weekend my 4 year old nephew came to visit us!! I was so exicted, he lives in South Carolina so I don't get to see him much. He was so excited to meet his cousin Blaine!! On Monday, me, Jeffrey, and Blaine took Camden to his favorite park here in St. Augustine...it has a carousel that cost $1 everytime you ride it. I'm sure we are going to spend a small fortune there when Blaine gets old enought to ride it. Here are some pictres from our evening at the park:

Camden on the carousel.

Jeffrey pushing Camden on the swing.

Blaine is going to be surprised next time he goes to the park, he has never seen it before because he never opened his eys while we were there!! ;)))


So this week, work has started to get difficult. I feel like I have no time with Blaine. I don't get home until about 5:30 and there is always supper to be cooked, laundry to be done, things to be cleaned, and things to get ready for the next day. And Blaine goes to bed around 8. That doesn't leave much time!! :( And Jeffrey would rather do "Blaine things" in the evening than doing "house things". So we have to figure out how to take turns and get equal time with Blaine and keep house work up. We will get it!! I'm sure all parents go through this!!

So....this is my "Mom of the Year" moment!! Let me tell you about my day today!!! hahahahaha....

I got off work at noon and because I was off early I decided to ride out to the farm and pick up Jeffrey's paycheck to take it to the bank for him to save him some time after work. SO...I went and picked Blaine up from the sitter's and took off to the farm. When we got there he was ready to eat so I fed him while we were there so he would be content while I went to the bank and did a few things around town. Well, as I was feeding him, he pooed. NBD, I took him to the back of my car to change him, and there is where the problem began. The only diaper bag I had in my car was the one I take to the sitters house. The only thing I keep in that bag is burp rags, a blanket, bottles, formula, and extra clothes. She keeps a large package of diapers and wipes at her house so I don't have to pack them everyday!! So here we are, at the potato farm, with a stinky diaper, and NO DIAPERS OR WIPES!! Ahhhhhhh. So I have to get the dirty diaper off Blaine's butt because we are about 25 minutes away from home and he already has a little diaper rash!! So I decide to use a burp rag (AKA cloth diaper). That solves the diaper issue, so now what about wipes?? Then I remember I have antibacterial "boogie" wipes in the sitters bag! PROBLEM SOLVED. We changed Blaine's diaper using a burp rag and boogie wipes!! My poor child!! Here are some pictures from our ordeal:

I stuffed an extra burp rag in his outfit for extra wetness protection. And thank goodness I did because he peed on the way home!!
Here is his daiper!!
Here is the duct tape using to hold it on!!

Here is my happy baby after he had a real diaper back on!!

So to wrap it all up, week 11 was fun and interesting!!! Here is my solution to the having no diapers problem:

I didn't buy a "mom" car not to take full advantage of it. I stocked my floor board compartment with diapers and wipes!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment