Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My First Post

So this will be a long one, to catch you up so far. My son was born on June 17, 2011 @ 5:59 PM. He was 8 lbs 11 oz, 20 3/4 inches long. A perfectly, healthy baby boy. We named him Blaine Allen.
Our Healthy Boy.

 Labor and Delivery went better than expected and mom and baby were doing great. We did have to stay an extra day in the hospital because Blaine had Jaundice and had to do 12 hours of photo-therapy.
Photo-therapy. :(
On our final day at the hospital we hear a page go out through the hospital for the driver of a black Dodge SUV to please phone the operator. Sure enough it was my black Dodge SUV that a 81 year old man had smashed into in the parking lot!! GREAT. So my husband had to go outside, wait on the police, and file a police report while Blaine and I just sat in the hospital room so ready to go home. That added 2 hours to our stay!! It was so stressful, we were all just ready to get home and start our life as a family.
Finally in the carseat, going home.


So we finally get home and I have no idea where to begin. When do I feed him?, Where do I put him?, When do I bathe him?, How do I know what he wants?
So many questions.
All I have ever wanted to be my whole life was a mom, and I had no idea how stressful and how much of a guessing game it was, but I was sure going to learn...FAST.

No comments:

Post a Comment