Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Week 4

Dad finally stayed home with us this week, and I am so glad because I needed a break! He is such a great help too. I feel useless when he is around. He does it all, feeding, diaper, burping, bathing...everything. We started putting Blaine in his crib this week and he started sleeping much better. We should have done that from the start because I missed sleeping in my bed. Before then Blaine and I were in the living room and he would sleep in his bassinet while I slept in the recliner (well I wouldn't call it sleeping, just resting). Things started getting really bad at the end of this week though. I decided that I would not be able to keep up with the pumping when I returned to work, so I started giving Blaine more formula and less breast milk. Well the more formula he got the more gassy and fussy he got. He stayed up screaming from 10:30 pm - 4:00 am one night. IT WAS AWFUL! We tried everything, gas drops, different bottles, rocking, bouncing, swaddling, leg excercises, everything. If I read it helped with gas, I tried it because he was so uncomfortable and so gassy.We reached another milestone this week too....SIZE 1 DIAPERS!
4 Weeks Old Today


No comments:

Post a Comment