Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Our First Week Home

So we got home on a Monday and Jeffrey went right back to work on Tuesday. He works for my dad, more on that later... So I was home alone with this newborn baby that I didn't know much about yet. In the beginning I was nursing and was bound and determined to nurse for the first year...until I tried it. I had no idea how difficult and demanding it was going to be. Blaine ate constantly and never seemed satisfied. I hated it because I couldn't tell how much he was getting. I cried all the time, I think I had a touch of the baby blues on top of sheer exhaustion. On Wednesday we had to leave the house for a check-up. We went to the hospital first to draw blood and check his jaundice level, then went to the pediatrician for him to have a look. It was so difficult to be out of the house. I had to nurse him in the hospital parking lot, then again at the peds office. We got home that day and I was exhausted and even more depressed because I saw how difficult it was to leave the house with a little one!! My life seemed over at that point because I decided there was no way I could leave the house again except for Dr. Appts and emergencies. It was too hard to leave any other time!! We had to go to the hospital and the peds office again on Thursday to check his jaundice and for him to be circumcised (I was so nervous about that). They told me the procedure would take about an hour, so I took that opportunity to go have an estimate done on my car (one more thing to worry about) and to go by the store to pick up diapers (which we were going through like crazy). I was back at the ped office to pick my little man up in 40 minutes. They said everything went great and that he did great. What a relief. So again on Friday we had to go to the Dr. to check his jaundice...it was finally going down, thanks to a little sun at home.
Getting a little sunshine in the window.
WE MADE IT!! Blaine was now a week old, and still happy and healthy!!
One Week Old


No comments:

Post a Comment