Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Week 2

On Monday of the next week I had to drop my car off to be worked on and pick up the rental. So Blaine and I took off on another adventure. I got to the dealership and was told that Enterprise would be there in 10 minutes. Well 45 minutes later Blaine was starving and in a dirty diaper. I was planning on being back home before it was time for him to eat...I wasn't to keen on nursing in public. I had taken some formula with me just in case this happened though. So I went in the bathroom to change him and run the bottle under some warm water. I get in the bathroom and there is NO CHANGING STATION. I'm sure this happens a lot. So I am changing Blaine on the floor of the bathroom, in his car seat!! I am an absolute wreck at this point!! I get him changed and walk back into the waiting room and there is the Enterprise man. A 70 year old grouch!! I told him he would have to wait a few minutes for me to give my screaming newborn a bottle. He told me he didn't have time and he would be back in 2 hours to pick me up! Wrong answer! My sleep deprived, new mom defense kicked in! I cussed this man for everything he was worth right there in front of God and the whole Dodge dealership. Needless to say he gave me a few minutes!! After about 3 hours Blaine and I were back home for me to cry some more because our little outings were getting more difficult, not easier like everyone said they would! On Thursday of that week it was back to the ped office for his 2 week well visit.
All dressed up ready for the Dr.
So at the 2 week visit Blaine weighed 8 lbs 15 oz and was 21 1/2 inches. He was back to his birth weight, and then some! What a relief! My nursing was working and he was growing. But I pretty much had a breakdown with the head nurse at the ped office because I was so exhausted. I was the only one that could feed Blaine and couldn't get any help from Dad. She gave me some formula samples and told me to supplement so I could pump and get a supply. I felt like a failure, but I did it. Before I knew it, I had several breast milk bottles built up. So we started on bottles. I LOVED the bottle concept. I could SEE how many ounces my little boy was getting. So I started strictly pumping and giving bottles. Before long I noticed he was eating more than I was pumping. So I still supplemented some formula here and there.
WE MADE IT!! 2 weeks down!!
I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment